16 December 2007

the Tilted Duster!

Well, the storm I was carping about earlier todayis raging outside but I don't care because I have finished the Tilted Duster!! I managed to get it done before the trip! (now, whether I'll get the other work I have to do done is another story...)

Aphrodite wears it very well, don't you think?


Not really fair of me to pose her outside given the 6 inches of snow that has fallen today... but at least she's got a fancy jacket!



Specs:

Pattern: Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan (Interweave Knits mag, Autumn 2007)
Size: 32"
Yarn: Rowan All-Seasons Cotton - seaspray, espresso and mocha
Needles: 5 mm Addi Turbo
Notions: Buttons from Lettuce Knit:
... and Romni (these are vintage buttons - aren't they fab?)

Date started: 9 November 2007
Date finished: today

Notes:
- a very straightforward but fun pattern. Great TV or public knitting (I knit most of both sleeves and some of the skirt while commuting). It knits up quickly with the bulkyish wool.
- I'm glad I went with the ASC as I like the way it shows the ribbing off.
- I decided that the pattern begged for some extra colours. The assymmetry of the espresso and mocha is due to the fact that I had only one skein of the mocha. I quite like it though. Initially I was going to do the front side rib panels in a third colour but am now glad I didn't.
- it is a very flattering pattern and I will be wearing it tomorrow to Jolly Olde England with my new taupe cords!

Oh, and what is Aphrodite wearing underneath?

This t-shirt is from Fresh Baked Knits in Kensington Market. Well worth a trip if you're coming through Toronto.

Now, off to the laundry room... sigh.