03 June 2007

crazed harlequin dress

Here is my latest project hot off the needles - two dresses in one!




I figure this should blow the eyes off the co-workers tomorrow! I was advised on Friday that some of them have started a pool on what colours I will come in wearing on Mondays... ;)

It was actually a surprisingly quick knit... although working with the Suede was rather hot yesterday in the 29 celsius/two million celsius with the humidex and smog alert (did I really need to know that) temperatures - 27 C inside my apartment. Trip to buy an A/C unit scheduled for Tuesday (wish me luck!)

Yarn: Berroco Suede (9 skeins approx)
Colours: hot pink, hot lime, black, dark purple and "tricolour" purple
Needle size: 5 mm
Started: 30 May 2007
Finished: 3 June 2007
Pattern: by me, inspired by Trapeze Tank in Knitters' Magazine Spring 2005 (see my post on 30 May, last photo, for what the actual pattern looks like in "real life".