09 December 2007

another me-me...

I stole this from Jo's blog - she has the best blog name, by the way - "Wild Peculiar Joy"! Wish I'd thought of that... feel free to steal from here as well

1. Elaborate on your default icon:
Ducky in lace? I have a weird obsession with rubber duckies for some reason. I don't want to spend money on a psychotherapist to deal with this issue as this might mean the duckies would have to go cold....

2. What's your current relationship status?
Shacked up with a Scottish guy for the last 3 1/2 years or so. It's no' half bad.

3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Thankfully, no. I did manage to fall through a glass door in Greece a long time ago, though - and had the great joy of having two huge gashes on my legs sewn up without anaesthetic.

4. Name an obvious quality you have:
A penchant for singing and dancing in public, especially on the tram when forced to stand.

5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head
right now?

Greensleeves. I can't get rid of it.

6. Any celeb you would marry?
No, but there are a few I'd have a torrid affair with - I can't remember them all right now. Sean Connery is at the top of the list, though.

7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Amy, perhaps... if she's really bored. Like Jo, my readership is a bit down as well... I've wondered if the "pinko corner" has driven some people off. But I like it, so too bad. :-)

8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
I've been told in past that I looked like Winona Rider, which might be true if you need eyeglasses and if she were having a really bad hairday. The oddest comparison I've heard is between me and Sigourney Weaver... if only because she is a foot taller than me!

9. Do you wear a watch?

Most of the time - and the odd time I forget, I catch myself looking at my wrist a couple of million times during the day. How rude.

10. Are you pierced?


I have one hole in each ear which were put there when I was six. I have not worn earrings for at least 20 years but they don't seem to close up. I don't understand why because when I actually wanted to wear earrings I had no end of problems. I did have piercings elsewhere for a while in my mid-twenties but got bored with them and took them out.

11. Do you have any tattoos?
No. And given my short attention span, this is probably a good thing (see nipple piercings, above)

12. Do you like pain?
Nope.

13. Do you like to shop?
Only when I have a specific thing in mind and can get in and out of the shop within 10 minutes... and I despise shopping for clothes. Probably why I knit so much!

14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Cigarettes, pop and a lotto ticket yesterday afternoon.

15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit
card?
I don't have one. I was a bad girl in my 20s with one, and have since decided that it is not wise for someone who seems to view credit as "free money" to carry one.


16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?

Barb - to find out what time the party was starting last night.

17. What is on your desktop background?


Nothing. I'm quite boring that way. I would have something at work just to amuse the colleagues, but we're not allowed to change the defaults there.

18. What is the background on your cell phone?
I lost my cell phone in a cab this past summer and have not bothered to replace it. The old phone had a picture of Minnie Mouse on it.

19. Do you like redheads?
Yes - I wish I were one. I am sort of right now, but it's not natural. My natural colour right now as best as I can tell is half grey, half dull dark brown.

20. Do you know any twins?
Only the children of one of my cousins - and Wannietta, I just learned today, is a twin!

21. Do you have any weird relatives?
The question should be "Do I have any normal relatives?" Then the answer would be "No."

22. What was the last movie you watched?
In the theatre: the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Recorded from TV: I can't recall. We watch a lot of movies at home, and I'm usually knitting at the time.

23. What was the last book you read?
the Crazy Aunt Purl Book. Currently reading a book called "Bitter Chocolate" about the history of chocolate.

24. Is there such a thing as love at first sight, or it is
more likely to be lust at first sight?
Oh, lust, definetely. How can you love someone without knowing them?

25. What's your favorite book?
Either - any of the Rebus series by Ian Rankin or any of the Dave Robicheaux series by James Lee Burke.

26. When was the last time you visited the street where you
first lived?
About 20 years ago.

27. When was the last time you googled your own name?
A couple of weeks ago. No changes. Funny to see me mentioned at workplaces from 7 years ago, though. This is why I don't really trust the Internet for research.

28. What was / is your favorite subject at school?
None. I hated school. Why I ended up getting two university degrees is a complete mystery to me.

29. What was / is your least favorite subject at school?
Gym - which I never attended after grade 8 or so.

30. Do you like having your photograph taken?
No. My goofy self-portraits on this blog are a little challenge to myself.

31. What time were you born?
I don't remember.

32. Ever seriously questioned your sanity?
Pretty much on a daily basis.

33. How many phone numbers do you have remembered and can
say off the top of your head?

Too many, given that I can't remember my computer passwords three-quarters of the time.

34. Can you Limbo?


I could about ten years ago. I haven't tried since.

35.Have you ever killed your own dinner?
No. I don't think I'm to be trusted with a gun, really.


36. How long have you been living at your current
residence?
Three years and three months in the building, a year and a half in the current apartment.

37. What phobias do you have?
fear of being underground. Which does not bode well given that I'm supposed to go on the channel train between England and France in approximately two weeks.

38. What's your ideal breakfast?
Twister bagel with peanut butter and bacon, with black tea on the side.

39. Where are you right now?
Where else would I be? Sitting on my lazy @$$ in the living room.

40. Why do you blog?


I started off because I am a shameless attention seeker - and actually, because I didn't like computers very much and hated having to work with them all day, so thought that perhaps I could make it a bit more fun. And this has worked. Of late, I've gotten more bizarre and prolific with the blog writing as it is a good antidote to boring legal drafting I do at work.

41. What would you call your autobiography?
Buy This Book.

42. What's the longest time you've stayed out of the
country / where?

In Greece, for two months.

43. Do you use ICQ, AIM, etc..?
No - I have never gotten into IM stuff.

44. Do you have nightmares frequently?
No.

45. If you were another person, would you be friends with
you?

Probably only acquaintances, really.

46. Which TV character could you be friends with?
Judge John Deed.

47. What's on your mouse pad?
I don't know what the work one has on it. Something boring, no doubt. At home I have a trackpad.

48. What is your ring tone?
It used to be just one of those plain annoying chirpy things. I had the phone turned off most of the time anyway.

49. What did you watch on TV last night?
A show called New Street Law with John Hanna.

50. Scary movies or happy endings?
Neither, really - I prefer comedies these days. I guess they mostly have happy endings, though.