31 July 2007

Tuesday-on-the Balcony Perfect Dress - done!



And I even get to wear my red suede shoes! Now all I need is the Royal family-style wide brimmed red hat! ;-)

I *love* this dress. Although it's 50 million degress with the humidex up here, I don't care - I'm wearing it tomorrow to work!

Specs:
Yarn: Romni (work-handy LYS) Linen - 100% linen tape (worsted weight) - 12 50g balls.
Needles: 5 mm
Pattern: Saturday-in-the-park Perfect Fitted Dress - Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel (with some adaptations) - smallest size
Time spent: 30 hours approx.
Finished length: 35" approx.

Detail from Centre Panel:



Notes:
- I really like Stefanie's patterns but the book has quite a few errata. This pattern started off with one!
- original dress length in the pattern was 42" (for all sizes!). This on me would come down to about mid calf, so I made adjustments to the length of both top and bottom, comparing the length to the longest dress I own ;-)
- the linen is simply lovely. It is my first time working with linen but will definetely not be my last. I was amazed at how well it blocked.



Currently on the needles: the Sahara by Stitch Diva (www.stitchdiva.com).