22 July 2007

the good, the bad and the pretty...

First for the good - my first attempt at knitting hemp!

Full t-shirt:


detail


Specs:

yarn: AllHemp6 by Hemp for Knitting
pattern: Hemp for Knitting raglan t-shirt
needles: 3.75 mm bamboo circular

This was a quick knit. I had washed the hemp before which I suspect made knitting with it more enjoyable. I took a run with drying it in the tumbledryer as I didn't mind if it shrunk a bit. It did shrink a bit.

And now for the bad...

I was close to tears earlier in the week when doing the laundry... somehow in the (communal) dryer my favourite knitted blanket (and one of my first design efforts) got bleach marks all over it! I'm still trying to figure out how this happened - it was fine coming out of the washer and I do not use bleach with any of my knitwear (or with the chocolate brown towels I washed the blankie together with).

So - requiem to my blankie:



I was so distraught that I wanted to take the scissors to it immediately. DH talked me out of this... and for that I'm glad. However, it is very disheartening.

... but now on to the pretty!

My newest WIP is the Spicy Fitted Tee from Fitted Knits. I'm trying it with sari silk.