01 July 2007

2 presents from a proud Canadian...


... to the proud Canadian she sees in her mirror every day! I managed to complete two tank tops today!

1. Lorelei

Front:


Back:

Specs:

Yarn: Cotton Fleece Berry (2 skeins) and New Age Teal (1 skein)
+ Lang Mille Colori 1 50g skein
Needles: 4 mm Addis and 4 mm bamboo crochet hook
Pattern: Lisa Shobhana Mason in her book "Yarnplay"
Time spent: 6 days approx.

This was great to knit and I really like the finished outcome. It did turn out a bit less formfitting than I wanted... but no huge problem. I stuck to the pattern closely this time... but did a slightly different design on the front and the back, which is why you all get treated to a shot of my butt (just in case you were wondering!) ;-)

2. "TTC Tank"



All but the shaped part at the top was knitted during my commute to work (1/2 hour approx)... my first subway knitting project, but not my last! (however, I guess I'll have to find a simple scarf pattern..). This one, like the Lorelei, had the benefit of being a stashbuster... this one was knitted almost all in the round and the only seaming was the shouders (for which I did a 3-needle bind off instead...)

Yarn: Lana Grossa Elastico (cotton/polyamide)
Needles: 3.25 mm and 3.75 mm takumi bamboo + 3.5 mm crochet hook
Pattern: "4x4 rib tank" by Cabin Fever.

Cheers!

Kristina

PS. the toxic looking cooler in my hand? One word of advice... DON'T SPILL IT. It actually has stained my countertop. SIGH. None of which, of course, stops me from drinking it...