26 June 2007

Gansey and TTC Project #2

Here are my updates:

(a) the gansey sweater

I'm ready to start the neck shaping now... then the sleeves... no seaming! ;-) Gotta love this pattern. Unfortunately for me, it means I've developed a new yarn predilection - Rowan All Seasons Cotton (probably $2million per ball where I live... got this stuff on line at Cucumber Patch but do not wish to develop an online yarn purchase habit...)





Luckily I have some more All Seasons in "sea spray" - for me! Stay tuned...

(b) TTC project #2

After what seems like years, the TTC tank #1 (below) is FINALLY at 14" - after seeming to hold at 13" for about 50 rounds. I must confess I cheated and did a bit at home last night. Now I can't do any more plain knitting without shaping, so time to start a new TTC tank: the Lorelei!

Here's the beautiful photo that led me to buy the pattern book - linked from the Knittyboard:

Knitting Betty's Lorelei

...and here's my swatch:



Too bad it's not big enough to hide my face:


Using good ol' Cotton Fleece this time around (from the stash...! Well, more or less...) together with a skein of Lang Mille Colori for the middle panel.

Wish me luck!

Kristina

PS. Smoking is SO glamourous...