20 April 2007

in progress...

It's been a while since I posted. Have been too busy knitting and being depressed with the lack of sun. Now the sun is back... !!!

1. Periwinkle Bag

I need to put in some lining yet...



Specs:

yarn: Burley Spun - Brown Sheep, one skein
needle size: 10 mm
time to make: 2 hours approx

2. Samus-style cardigan (in progress)





Specs:

Yarn: Super 3 (discontinued) - Kerzner - aran weight mercerised cotton. I plan a border with lime-green Super 3
Inspiration: Samus pattern from knitty.com
Needle Size: 5 mm

3. Tension sample for Morrigan



This is my attempt to see if I can substitute yarns for the gorgeous Morrigan sweater in the new book No Sheep For You by Amy R. Singer. Designer = Jenna Wilson. More to the point, it's my endeavour to see whether I actually have the guts to try the sweater. This is a sample based on chart R3. Not the colour I would go with... I just had this lying around, which is 1/2 the price of the yarn called for (Rowan Calmer). The tension sample (meant to be 6 inches) is about 1/3 inch too wide. Height was OK.

Specs:

Yarn: Lana Grossa Elastico
Needle Size: 3.25 mm.
Time Spent: er.... don't ask... 2 hours.