21 January 2008

Gathered Pullover and other fancies

Well, here she is - the Gathered Pullover in all her glory!

Don't mind the bemused look on my face. It reflects the fact that I was standing outside, relatively unprotected from the elements, in roughly -2million Celsius (-3million in Fahrenheit) temperatures. How I suffer for my craft!!

Here's a close-up view of the cable design:

Lovely, eh?

Specs:


Pattern:
Gathered Pullover by Hana Jason (Interweave Knits Winter 2007 mag)
Size: 29" (small)
Start Date: 14 January 2008
Finish Date: 19 January 2008
Yarn: Rowan DK Handknit Cotton
Needles: 4mm Addi Turbo
Intended Wearer: moi (who else?!)

Notes:

  • I am very, very happy with the way this pattern turned out. Super simple and a very quick knit. The body was knit in the round up to the armpits.
  • The cables were knit without using a cable needle - a first for me but definetely not a last!
  • I got the yarn in a swap on the Knittyboard - the swapper had frogged a sweater she had made with it.
  • Only pattern modification: I knitted the sleeves straight instead of in the round as the pattern called for because I am too lazy to use double-pointed needles.
I was actually rather productive, knitting-wise anyway, this weekend. Here is a little something I whipped up yesterday: a Moebius wrap a la Cat Bordhi, to go with my leather car coat:

This was knitted using Fleece Artist Goldielocks. It bears an uncanny resemblance to my Fleece Artist log cabin afghan:

Separated at birth?

I also started the first hint in the Secret of the Stole II. This is the first 22 rows:

I very nearly abandoned this altogether last night after 5 frogging disasters. In fact, I very nearly threw it and the lovely Malabrigo yarn over the balcony. However, once I actually started to pay attention to the chart and read it properly, it was relatively smooth sailing.

I wish I could figure out how to stop the end from curling up, though! Any suggestions?

The colour, though, makes me very, very happy - as will be shown with the next project I cast on for:

This will be yet another Moebius shawl (I'm addicted to Magical Knitting!) using Noro Silk Garden. I plan to have it as my travel project.

I also cast on for still another Moebius project: a hat to go with the car coat, using Manos del Uruguay aran weight yarn:

So, this is what keeps me off the streeets and out of trouble in January (as if the deep freeze weren't enough!!!) And, one last sweater cheesecake photo starring Aphrodite (who handles the cold weather far better than I...):

Signing off for now - but, for your information, on this day in 1908 New York City passed the Sullivan Ordinance, making it illegal for women to smoke in public
You've come a long way, baby! Actually, that's not fair, because the mayor ended up vetoing the ordinance. And, if you actually do think we have come a long way, just visualise this photo with a cellphone in the hand instead of a mascara wand: