18 October 2007

skipped a day already... BAD GIRL

How quickly I break my promises to myself. Have missed a day in posting here, approximately two days after I said I would post every day!!!

My excuse: I was out of town on business. In that time period, relatively little knitting got done but certainly lots of scheming re. a top I'm trying to design and other stash ideas. I also managed to hit what I now believe to be the World's Best Value Village with a coworker from TO and spent almost $100!!! (quite a feat). I am going to post a couple of treasures from that expedition tomorrow... including a new buddy for Quack. ;-)

And - when I got to work today, lo and behold a large box on my office chair from...

KNITPICKS!!!

Contents:
13 Skeins Cot-Lin in Midnight Blue (ETA: actually - Nightfall)
13 Skeins Cot-Lin in Oatmeal (I think) (ETA: actually, Linen)
** obviously my recall of colour names is flagging. Maybe a good thing Handmaiden doesn't label their colours after all!)
the book A Gathering of Lace
the book The Natural Knitter.

So excited! Will have to start the Brioche Vest for JJ shortly...

Good to be back! Off now to ... (I know, I know) ... the LYS. Just for one thing. Really.

ETA: actually, four things: two skeins of sea silk (purple) and two skeins of Berocco Zen. SIGH.

kb