15 September 2007

Silken Goodness...

...or, How a Shameless Silk-Coveting Hussy Succumbed Yet Again.

Yesterday was Payday, the Kristinaland statutory holiday dedicated to new yarn acquisitions. So, off I skipped to the LYS at (well, before) the lunch hour... with my usual steel-like focus and dedication. The quest: Sea Silk, or nothing. (my attempt to self-regulate my silk habit as they hadn't any Sea Silk in stock on previous ventures and told me it would be quite some time).

So, I got there, only to find no Sea Silk. My pocketbook and I almost made it out intact until, at the last minute, I with my little eye spotted...something that is Silken:



(well, to be honest, I didn't actually "spot" them. Unless one can count rooting through all the Handmaiden bins in sheer desperation and retrieving these "spotting", that is).

What followed was about 30 seconds of the usual internal debate:

GOOD SELF: You don't need that... you have two more at home and all sorts of other stuff besides.

EVIL SELF: Yes, of course I don't NEED them... but look at that pretty blue! And I had that same multicoloured one before and it knitted up so lovely, like a rainbow next to my skin.

GOOD SELF: But what are you going to make with it? You just bought all this other sea silk to make lace!

EVIL SELF: You're right, you're right...(longish pause)... well, these might be nice for that Tuscany Shawl.

GOOD SELF: (exasperated) YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO MAKE THE TUSCANY SHAWL YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER MAKE IT AND BESIDES THAT CALLS FOR THREE SKEINS AND THERE ARE ONLY TWO SKEINS HERE. Just walk away...

EVIL SELF: Hmm... good points... (pause) but didn't someone say that they only needed the two for their Tuscany?

So - evil triumphs over good... yet again. SIGH.

Your faithful servant,

Kristina

PS. on that note, who out there has made the Tuscany with Silken, and how many skeins did you use? ;-)