17 July 2007

Silken!




Yet more yarn... after I promised myself to engage in some stashbusting. But at 20% off I couldn't resist!

Handmaiden Silken, 1 skein in Pewter, one skein in which I think is Peridot.

Designated for the River Rock scarf pattern by Sivia Harding in No Sheep for You. I must also credit Marianne on the No Sheep KAL for inspiring me to make this after seeing her beautiful version on line.

I should have held out for two skeins of pewter... but I think these will work well together if alternated (as suggested by the ever helpful Leani (sic) at my LYS... who knows how to sell yarn!)

Cheers,

Kristina

PS. Lest my new WIP feel neglected, I had better post some pics:

This is the Classic Short Sleeve Sweater (a raglan pattern) by Hemp for Knitting, using their AllHemp 6. Not nearly as luxurious as the Silken, but quite nice (I washed the yarn before knitting).