25 July 2007

I need to get out more...

(and to stop procrastinating at work, apparently).

Here we are almost at the end of July... and I will be turning 37 in the middle of next month. It seems a convenient time to take stock of my knitting and craft work during my 37th year... all were knitted for myself unless specified otherwise.

Finished Objects
August - October 2006

- 2 Irish moss sweaters in the round (one for DH, one for me. How cute. AWWWW)
- 2 felted boxes from MDK book (housewarming gift for a friend)

October - December 2006

- Samus cardi from Knitty (for DH)
- Baby Blanket Moderne (MDK book)
- 2 felted buttonhole bags (www.masondixonknitting.com)
- 2 pairs of slippers (one for me, one for DH)
- 1 felted winter hat
- 2 non-felted winter hats
- "Slip of a Thing" felted purse (Knitty)
- "liquorice allsorts" bluky sweater in the round
- 2 scarves (one for me, one commissioned from someone at my workplace)
- "Nina" blanket (from Nina shawl pattern in MDK book, for my mother)
- felted rug
- 3 felted bowls (from One Skein book)
- 2 felted boxes (from MDK book)

January 2007 - today

- cabernet ribs sweater (IK Windter 2006)
- 2 scarves
- Curve of Pursuit blanket (www.woollythoughts.com)
- pinwheel blanket (inspired by a rug pattern in MDK book)
- 2 hats
- freeform log cabin blanket
- 1 pair of socks (1st and last!)
- Lorelei sleeveless top
- TTC tank top
- periwinkle bag with wooden handles
- "perfect sweater" (www.masondixonknitting.com)
- Tomato top (NSFY)
- "Crazed Harlequin" dress
- shaped tunic dress (inspired by Fitted Knits)
- Bacardi cardigan (NSFY)
- ribbon dress
- He Gansey (NSFY)
- Samus cardigan from Knitty (for me)
- ribbon x-back tank top (from knitty.com)

Plus:
- 3 felted bags (felted from sweaters at Goodwill, with knitted/crocheted edging)
- 1 felted bulletin board (felted from a sweater from the Goodwill)
- 1 rocking chair (I painted and applied glass beads)

Started and Never to be Finished
- "advent blanket" (may try again next year... ran out of patience, then needed the yarn for the Curve of Pursuit)
- log cabin blanket (didn't like the yarn)

Current UFOs

- Spicy Fitted V-neck top in sari silk (sleeves and neckline remaining - will finish tonight)
- Leggings with Mesh Sides (Knitting Lingerie Style)... abandoned but not for long
- 2 knitted bags (I just need to line and sew them. I should just get on with it).
- knit/mosaic wall hanging (knitting done and canvas bought. Just need to put it all together one weekend).

Phew!!! Too bad I couldn't be so productive at work! ;-) If I'm counting correctly that is something like 45 FOs... and 3 weeks to go!

Query: do socks/slippers/etc count as 1 FO, or 2? Hmm...


Kristina