18 January 2007

wall hanging - (almost a) quarter done!

I say "almost" because I ran out of patience in sewing the rest together this evening (I must confess that sewing in general rates on the "preferred things to do" list somewhere between cramming into a super-jammed streetcar in 35 degree heat, or is that 43 degrees with the humidex?... and going to the dentist for my 16th root canal. I must further confess that I'm not very good at it [sewing, that is!].

But I digress:

I am quite proud to have finished 1/4 of the knitting involved despite limited time of late (and despite whipping up yet another buttonhole bag, which I forgot to photograph before giving it away... oh well...).




Specs:

- pattern by Woolly Thoughts (a variation of Tilting at Windmills)
- each square is 6'x6'
- there will be 48 squares in total (really, there will be! If I keep telling myself this it will be true. Actually, the knitting is a pleasure. It's the sewing I'm not too fond of... did I mention that already? ahem).
- yarn = Super 10 mercerised cotton
- needles = 4 mm Addi Turbo 16" (started with 42" or something, but far too unwieldy so had to go buy some more...)
- TV viewing of choice: endless reruns of Law and Order (we all have our weirdnesses, don't we?)